It's More Than Gourds: It's A Reunion | A Tradition | A Destination | An Experienc
The donation auction competition theme is FOR THE BIRDS--bird houses, bird feeders, bird baths, bird cages, etc! Guaranteed to be the most creative bird "whatevers" you have ever seen! This auction is our biggest fundraiser and allows us to offer scholarships, not charge admission, and keep costs reasonable! Please participate!! Start thinking. These entries are due Friday at noon and the auction will close Saturday after classes and before dinner.
Participants understand that their entries are a donation to the silent auction and will be sold. Proceeds raised from the “For the Birds” silent auction will be divided into $100 Gourd Gathering Scholarships for 2023.
The fine print….
· Entries must be received at the Gourd Gathering no later than 12Noon Friday, June 3rd.
· Participant(s) will enter themselves into one of the following three Divisions:
o Novice - Gourds are fun and I like to design projects for my own purpose and may provide them as gifts to family and co-workers.
Intermediate - Been working with gourds for awhile. I have even sold some.
o Advanced - Gourds are fun and I like to design projects for my own purpose and may provide them as gifts to family and co-workers, BUT I also teach gourd art techniques and projects for a profit, sell my finished work at shows and festivals, and/or display my gourds in art guilds and art galleries.
· Entries will be entered into one of the following three Categories:
o Multiple Gourds or Gourd Pieces
· Participants may enter only one (1) piece per category, but you can enter in each of the three catagories.
· Entries will be judged by certified judges and scored based on 50% Technique and 50% Artistry.