It's More Than Gourds: It's A Reunion | A Tradition | A Destination | An Experienc
It is time to think about teaching at the 2023 Gourd Gathering.
It’s a new year, a new location, and new possibilities in 2023.
First the gathering has moved to the Smokey Mountain Event Center in Waynesville, NC. That is approximately 18 miles north of Cherokee.
This is a large facility, with lots of room to grow.
This year classes will be under roof.
On Wednesday afternoon there will be an opportunity for people to offer “Make and Take”. Make and Take information and form will be available after January 1st.
There is also a new opportunity for teaching. “Make and Takes” for the entire event. A person can buy a vendor space for $75.00 and offer make and takes from Thursday through Sunday.
Class dates are June 8th through June 11th.
The class times are:
Thursday: 8:30am – 11:30 and 1pm-5pm
Friday: 8:30am – 11:30 and 1pm-5pm
Saturday: 8:30am – 11:30 and 1pm-5pm
Sunday: 10:00am – 2:00pm
This year classes will be submitted through a Google form. The link is:
· Please fill the form out completely.
· Please send good quality pictures of only what will be taught during the class. Meaning if you are just learning something for the center of the gourd just photograph that section. It never fails that a student will be disappointed that they did not also learn the rim treatment or coloring. The pictures should be sent to me at email@example.com. Please rename your class photo to the following format: your name name-class name (for example Nonn-Exploring Alcohol Ink).
· Also allow plenty of time to complete the class.
· If you are teaching someone else’s workshop please have written permission.
· Think new, think fun, and think out of the box!
The Gourd Gathering will charge instructors a $10.00 class fee to help pay for the facilities. This money will be deducted from you class check
Just for your information, the Gourd Gathering will charge students $5.00 per class to help pay for the facilities.
Please take a moment and check out the class timeline. It is important that everyone makes the deadlines.
January 15th - Deadline for submission
January 15th – January 21st - Send to instructors for proofing
January 21st – Build Schedule,
February Proof and load into Registration Schedule
March 12th – Volunteer Registration
March 15th - May 16th - On Line Registration
Looking forward to seeing what you submit.
If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org