It's More Than Gourds: It's A Reunion | A Tradition | A Destination | An Experienc
Hello Gourd Instructors!
We love our historic Cherokee dates at the end of May/early June, but we don’t want to chance another COVID cancellation in 2021. Based on information available, the third quarter of the year looks like a much safer time to get together. The fairgrounds has offered us time beginning the end of July to hold the Gathering, so mark your calendars and make your reservations for July 28th to August 1st. We are so excited to see everyone and have a gourd time together.
We have been closely following the vaccine rollout, mask, and social distancing requirements, and will be making operational changes and working with the Fairgrounds to keep attendees, vendors, and instructors safe. Changes and plans will be shared over the next few weeks and months as details are worked out.
Sure is exciting to move forward with planning for 2021. Can’t wait to see you in Cherokee!
So, let’s talk about class changes
1. Please take a moment and check out the class timeline. It is important that everyone makes the deadlines.
April 15th - Deadline for submission of classes
April 15th – 22nd - Set up class schedule
April 25th - Schedule sent to instructors for proofing
May 1st – May 10th - Corrections to schedule – Proof and load into Registration Software
May 12th – Volunteer Registration
May 15th - July 5th - On Line Registration
July 28th – August 1st – The Gourd Gathering at Cherokee – walk-in registration.
2. Classes will be submitted through Google forms:
· Please fill it out completely.
· Please send good quality pictures of only what will be taught during the class. Meaning if you are just teaching something for the center of the gourd just photograph that section. It never fails that a student will be disappointed that they did not also learn the rim treatment or coloring. The pictures should be sent to me at email@example.com. Please rename your class photo to the following format: your name-class name (for example Nonn-Exploring Alcohol Ink.jpg).
· Also allow plenty of time to complete the class.
· If you are teaching someone else’s workshop please have written permission.
· Think new, think fun, and think out of the box!
If you have already submitted classes and emailed your photos, you are good to go. If you submitted a class for May 2nd, Wednesday afternoon, it will be scheduled for July 28th, Wednesday afternoon.
3. We will add $5 to the price of a class that students pay.
4. In the past we have charged an instructor $8 for each class they taught. This year the fee will be $8 for a four-hour class and $16 for an eight-hour class.
If you have any questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hope to see you at Cherokee,
The Gourd Gathering at Cherokee